Marching Band General Info
The Lone Peak Marching Knights have had a tradition of excellence in marching band for many years, including a class 3A State Championship and BOA finalist in 2012. As part of this process of excellence, our marching staff recently met and has decided to make a few changes to our upcoming year. It is our goal to compete every year for a state championship in whatever class we compete in.
To do this, we need to have a higher commitment and positive attitude from our students and band than anyone else. (This is the same commitment level you would see from other successful groups such as our football, basketball, soccer, etc.).
To be the best, we have added the following changes:
1. A higher commitment to rehearsals & camps.
- Much like sports teams, students and parents need to be at camps, and rehearsals.(Summer practices are flexible allowing students to participate in scouting, girls camp, church events, family trips, etc.)
- Fundamental Camp is scheduled for June 2-6, 2014
- Production Camp is scheduled for August 1-15, 2014 (Mon-Fri only)
2. GPA academic requirement: Student must have and maintain a GPA of 2.0 with no more than one “F” grade in a term. Turn in a copy of your most recent report card with your contract.
3. Marching fundamental requirements. During fundamentals week and parade practice sessions students will be adjudicated on marching technique.
4. Music memorization. In order to secure a drill assignment on the field all parade music must be passed off by April 29, 2014. All competition music must be passed off by July 31, 2014.